The mission of the Habitat Young Professionals (HYP) program is to capture the imagination, energy, and hope of young people ages 21 to 40 in order to productively and responsibly involve them in the work of Habitat for Humanity.
HYP Membership Opportunities:
- Professional Development
- Advocacy and Education
HYP Member Privileges:
- Participating in HYP volunteer, socials, and networking events
- Proposing and voting on HYP actions
- Being nominated, making nominations, and running for HYP offices
- Voting in HYP elections
Expectations of Members:
- Understand and be committed to the mission of HYP.
- Attend and participate in an average of half of scheduled HYP and/or affiliate events, including meetings, fundraisers, builds, and social and/or networking events. Members are expected to contribute twenty (20) hours of service through HYP annually.
- Understand and comply with the policies and procedures of HYP and Habitat.
- Be an ambassador and help communicate and promote HYP’s mission and programs to potential members, volunteers, donors, and the community.