Lafayette Habitat for Humanity, Inc.
Privacy Statement and Notice
[TO BE PROVIDED BY AFFILIATE WHEN THE CONTINUING RELATIONSHIP BEGINS (WHEN
“CONSUMER BECOMES A CUSTOMER”), ANNUALLY TO CURRENT HOMEOWNERS (“CUSTOMERS”),
AND TO APPLICANTS WHOSE CREDIT WAS DENIED (“CONSUMERS”) IF PERSONAL INFORMATION
IS SHARED WITH NON-AFFILIATED THIRD PARTIES AND DOES NOT FALL UNDER AN EXCEPTION]
At Lafayette Habitat for Humanity, we are committed to keeping your information private. We recognize the
importance applicants, program families, tenants, and homeowners place on the privacy and confidentiality of their
information. While new technologies allow us to more efficiently serve our customers, we are committed to maintaining
privacy standards that are synonymous with our established and trusted name.
When collecting, storing, and retrieving applicant, program family, and homeowner data – such as tax returns,
pay stubs, credit reports, employment verifications and payment history – internal controls are maintained throughout the
process to ensure security and confidentiality.
We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms;
- Information about your transactions with us or others; and
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency.
We may disclose the following kinds of nonpublic personal information about you:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms, such as your name, social security number,
- Information about your transactions with us or others such as your payment history, loan balance; and
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency such as your credit history and credit
Lafayette Habitat for Humanity employees and volunteers are subject to a written policy regarding
confidentiality, and access to applicant data is restricted to staff and volunteers on an as-needed basis. Information is used
for lawful business purposes and is never shared with third parties without your consent, except as permitted by law. As
permitted by law, we may disclose nonpublic personal information about you to the following types of third parties:
- Financial service providers, such as mortgage servicing agents;
- Nonprofit organizations, government entities, or other subsidy providers; and
- Financial Institutions, such as lending institutions, banks, or credit unions for mortgage leveraging.
If you prefer that we do not disclose non-public personal information about you to non-affiliated third parties, you may
opt out of those disclosures, that is, you may direct us not to make those disclosures (other than disclosures permitted by
law). If you wish to opt out of disclosures to non-affiliated third parties, you may call Lafayette Habitat for Humanity, Inc.